|Pharmacy||Available Doses||Payment Methods||Price||Visit Pharmacy|
|500 mg, 250 mg, 100 mg||from $0.44|
|500 mg, 250 mg||from $1.00|
|500 mg, 250 mg, 100 mg||from $0.44|
The discovery of Zithromax and its introduction into clinical practice has become one of the biggest achievements in the antimicrobial therapy of infectious diseases. Thanks to the unique pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties, the antibiotic remains one of the most popular drugs for antimicrobial therapy.
Patients buy Zithromax to use it and quickly get rid of infections that other antibiotics failed to cure.
Characteristics of Zithromax, which ensure its high effectiveness in antibiotic therapy:
- fast elimination of the infection (within 1-10 days)
- possibility of use for both children and adults
- high antimicrobial activity against many microorganisms of pathogens
An important advantage of Zithromax over other antibiotics is that it has a “post-antibiotic effect” (PAE). Due to this effect, the process of suppressing the growth and development of bacteria continues several days after the drug was discontinued.
Zithromax is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, highly active against major microorganisms-infectious agents. Its active ingredient, Azithromycin, blocks the synthesis of the protein, required for the growth and development of the microbial cell.
The antibacterial action of Zithromax is bacteriostatic. However, high concentrations of the antibiotic exert a bactericidal effect on some pathogens.
In antibacterial therapy, one of the three release forms of Zithromax can be used:
- Solution for infusions
- Oral suspension
Zithromax antibiotic can be found on the shelves of conventional pharmacies. Yet in the online pharmacies, Zithromax is cheaper and sold without a prescription. In addition, many online pharmacies provide discounts on antibiotics and deliver Zithromax to any country in the world.
When ordering Zithromax online, attention should be paid to the dosage form of this antibiotic. Depending on the age of the patient, he may be prescribed oral or injectable forms of Zithromax.
Oral Zithromax suspension can be used to treat bacterial infections in infants of 6 months of age and older.
Zithromax oral tablets or intravenous infusions may be used to treat infectious diseases in patients of 12 years of age and older.
- The minimum single dose of Zithromax is 500 mg.
- The total daily dose of Zithromax should not exceed 1 g.
Depending on the specific infection and the release form of Zithromax, the duration of the antibiotic therapy can vary from 1 day to 10 days.
Clinical efficacy of Zithromax in antibacterial therapy is assessed on the basis of the following indices:
- Disappearance or a significant reduction in symptoms of an infectious disease after 2-3 days of regular use.
- Complete eradication from the organism of bacteria-pathogens on the 7-10th day of treatment.
Availability of parenteral Zithromax dosage forms allows prescribing this antibiotic for the stepwise therapy of community-acquired pneumonia.
- The principle of stepwise therapy is that the treatment should begin with intravenous infusions of Zithromax.
- When the clinical state of the patient improves, he should be switched to Zithromax tablets or suspension in the shortest possible time.
The use of stepwise Zithromax therapy in outpatient practice has several advantages:
- Reduction of the antibiotic therapy duration;
- Reduction in the number of injections and the risk of post-injection complications;
- Reduction in the period of the patient stay in the hospital and reduction in the cost of treatment.
Clinical studies have confirmed that stepwise therapy with Zithromax is more effective than the similar treatment method for infections with Cefuroxime and Erythromycin. Due to Zithromax use, patients managed to get rid of pneumococcal community-acquired pneumonia, which was accompanied by bacteremia.
Advantages of Zithromax compared to other antibiotics:
- Penetrates well into tissues, liquids and cells of the body;
- Achieves high concentrations in the focus of infection and provides a bactericidal effect;
- Has a maximum half-life (50-72 hours), which means a long therapeutic effect;
- Resistant to the acidic environment of the stomach, due to which it is rapidly absorbed and quickly reaches therapeutic concentrations in body tissues and fluids.
Zithromax is one of the safest antibiotics. Undesirable reactions that occur in isolated cases are usually mild and transient and do not lead to discontinuation of antibiotic therapy. Patients may experience mild nausea, dyspepsia, headache, or skin itching. When intravenous infusions are used – soreness and burning at the injection site.
Before buying Zithromax, patients should know under what conditions they can not take this antibiotic:
- hypersensitivity to the active ingredient of Azithromycin.
- history or genetic predisposition to liver disease.
One of the obstacles to an effective antibiotic therapy is the high cost of branded medicine. To save on treatment, patients can buy Zithromax generics, many of which are sold under the generic name Azithromycin.
In online pharmacies, the choice of Zithromax generics is much broader, than that in a conventional pharmacy. Visitors to online pharmacies can quickly find the right dosage form of Azithromycin-containing medication, and order its delivery at the best price.
When ordering the antibiotic in an online pharmacy, the buyer can choose one of the available methods of Zithromax delivery, incl.
- international courier services
- antibiotic delivery to local Post Office
Delivery of Zithromax to the nearest post office is cheaper, yet the courier will deliver the medicine directly to your home or office.
Currently, Zithromax is widely used in clinical practice in many countries of the world as a first line drug for antibiotic therapy. The variety of dosage forms and a wide range of therapeutic effects make Zithromax an indispensable antibiotic for the treatment of infections in adults and children over 6 months of age.