|Pharmacy||Available Doses||Payment Methods||Price||Visit Pharmacy|
|40 mg, 20 mg, 10 mg, 5 mg||from $0.33|
|40 mg, 10 mg, 5 mg||from $0.50|
|40 mg, 20 mg, 10 mg||from $0.34|
Prednisone is a hormonal drug that is used for the symptomatic treatment of diseases, accompanied by inflammatory processes. Prednisone is an analogue of the hormone cortisone, which is produced in the body by the adrenal cortex.
The drug possesses the same properties as the natural hormone cortisone does, and affects literally every metabolic process that occurs in the body, including the lipid and protein ones.
Prednisone has a multifaceted effect on the body, including:
The action of Prednisone is aimed at suppressing the function of leukocytes and limiting their migration to the area of inflammation. Prednisone inhibits the production of prostaglandins, reduces the amount of circulating lymphocytes, which ultimately leads to the immune system suppression.
It was clinically proven that the anti-inflammatory activity of Prednisone is several times higher than that of the hormonal steroid Hydrocortisone.
Prednisone has a broad spectrum of action and is prescribed to adults and pediatric patients for treatment:
- Ophthalmic disorders: keratitis, iridocyclitis, choroiditis.
- Respiratory disorders: berylliosis, sarcoidosis, pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Blood disorders: autoimmune hemolytic anemia, immune thrombocytopenia.
- Endocrine disorders: thyroiditis, congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Allergic states, including bronchial asthma, atopic eczema, hay fever, allergic rhinitis.
- Rheumatic diseases: bursitis, psoriatic arthritis, tennis elbow, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Blood disorders: leukemia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, immune thrombocytopenia.
- Skin diseases: pemphigus, erythema multiforme, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis.
Due to the vast list of indications for use, Prednisone is one of the most frequently prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs. This drug can be bought in almost every pharmacy, including the online pharmacies, in which Prednisone is sold without a prescription.
Before buying Prednisone online it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the terms of delivery for the anti-inflammatory drugs. Certified online pharmacies can deliver Prednisone only to one country or provide an opportunity to order anti-inflammatory medications anywhere in the world.
When buying Prednisone online without a prescription, it is a must to carefully read the leaflet for patients and be sure to follow the prescribed dosing regimen. If not properly applied, Prednisone can contribute to hormonal imbalance and the development of a number of side effects.
For oral anti-inflammatory therapy, three dosage forms of Prednisone can be prescribed:
- Oral solution (5 mg/5 mL)
- Delayed-release tablets (1 mg, 2 mg, 5 mg)
- Immediate-release tablets (2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 50 mg)
Delayed-release Prednisone tablets should be taken whole, not divided into parts and not crushed. Immediate-release Prednisone tablets are allowed to be divided into parts and, if necessary, grinded.
If the patient has difficulty swallowing the pills, the doctor may recommend that he buys the oral solution Prednisone. The solution possesses the same therapeutic properties, like the tablet form of the glucocorticosteroid Prednisone does.
It should be noted that the solution contains alcohol. Therefore, people with hypersensitivity to alcohol are better to buy Prednisone tablets.
Regardless of whether the patient takes the oral suspension or pills, Prednisone is recommended to be taken in the morning, when the biological rhythm of the adrenal glands is most intense.
The dosage regimen is selected depending on the type and severity of the disease. After achieving the desired anti-inflammatory effect, Prednisone dose should be gradually reduced to the minimum effective.
- Adults are prescribed 5 mg to 60 mg of Prednisone per day. Usually, the daily dose is taken only once. In some cases, it is divided into several intakes. The daily dosage for adults should not exceed 250 mg of Prednisone.
- Children’s dose of Prednisone is calculated depending on the weight of the child, and it can amount to 0.15 mg to 2 mg per kg of body weight per day. The therapeutic dose should be divided into 4-5 intakes.
It is recommended to take Prednisone with meals or in combination with dairy products, which helps reduce the likelihood of gastrointestinal disorders.
There probability of such side effects, as fatigue and muscle weakness, exists at the beginning of Prednisone use.
The occurrence of most adverse reactions is usually associated with the duration of therapy and the dosage used. However, it is not recommended to change Prednisone dose independently.
If the patient suffers from an increase in blood pressure, insomnia, decreased vision, vomiting, fever, he needs to seek the advice of a specialist.
Prednisone stimulates appetite and can promote weight gain. Therefore, the patient’s diet should be high in protein and low in salt during the administration of this corticosteroid.
A sharp discontinuation of Prednisone after a long period of use can cause withdrawal syndrome, which most often expresses as joints and muscles pains and fever. Therefore, the best way to cancel Prednisone is to gradually reduce the dose.
The therapeutic effect of Prednisone does not develop immediately. This requires at least several days of systematic drug use. Therefore, it is necessary to begin treatment as soon as possible to achieve an improvement in the patient’s condition.
If you need to quickly buy Prednisone, you can order it online. The advantages of buying Prednisone in an online pharmacy are:
- Affordable price (always lower than in retail pharmacies).
- Saving time (you can order Prednisone at any convenient time).
- International shipping (courier delivery to the door of the house or office).